Can eyesight improve naturally and safely?
There are several things you can do to keep your eyes healthy and potentially improve your vision. These include healthy lifestyle choices such as eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and not smoking. Reducing eye strain and protecting your eyes from UV rays and excessive blue light is also good for eye health.
One of the best methods to take care of your eyes is to take care of your whole body. The healthy choices with diet, sleep patterns and exercise, as well as seeing a doctor for routine checkups and practicing good hygiene, can keep your body and eyes in good condition. You may be able to change the way your brain and eyes work together and thus improve vision in certain situations.
There are some fundamental ways that you can do on how to improve eyesight naturally and safely thus to boost your eye health and also your vision;
- Eating a balanced and healthy diet rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A, C and E such as leafy vegetables, carrots, broccoli, spinach and fish can help in maintaining eye health. A nutritious diet can help to enhance vision and reduce vision loss.
- Get enough sleep; when you are too tired, your eyes may become more tense and feel dry. A healthy amount of sleep can reduce tired eyes and thus improve vision.
- Exercise regularly; physical fitness can improve blood circulation and oxygen flow to your eyes. This can help to reduce dry eyes.
- Protect your eyes from the sun; you should wear sunglasses with UV protection when you’re outdoors to prevent harmful rays from reducing your vision with common exposure.
- Take a break from the screen; it is unhealthy if you spend a lot of time by looking at a screen, such as a computer, laptop or smartphones, you should take a short break and look away at 20 feet every 20 minutes for 20 seconds at a time. This can help to prevent digital eye strain, which can cause eye fatigue, headaches, neck tension, and decreased vision.
- Practice good hygiene; you should always wash your hands and face thoroughly and regularly. Keep cosmetics and chemicals out of the eyes. If you wear contacts, clean and store them properly.
Improving your vision naturally often results in eye health in general. Healthy lifestyle choices and regular eye examinations are the optimal ways to maintain your vision as good as possible. Let’s talk to our optometrists about specific tips for maintaining and improving your vision and eye health.