Optometrist Journey started way back in 1957 from the beginning of times through the hands of my grandfather,
- Story of Malaya Optical was begin since 1957. Ho Kai, Pioneer, and Founder of Malaya Optical emigrated to The Malay Peninsular in the year 1922.
- Malaya Optical was opened for business at High Street (Jalan H.S.Lee) in 1971.
- Bobby Hoe former President of Malaysian Optometry Association (MOA), a former member of Malaysia Optical Council, joined the company as Ocular Prosthesis Specialist in 1971.
- William Ho, President of MOA, joined the company as Operation Manager.
- In 1974 KM Ho, from University of Auckland, New Zealand joined the company as a consultant.
- Followed then by 1979 Paul Ho, from the University of Auckland, New Zealand joined the company as a consultant.
- In 1980 Malaya Optical PJ opened for business at New Town, Petaling Jaya
- 1999 Dr.Janet Hoe, Ophthalmologist joined the company as Eye Disease consultant
- 2000 Dr.Victor Hoe Industrial Health Care Specialist, joined the company as a consultant
- 2001 Journey as an Optometrist Agnes Chin joined as Director/HR and Ryan Ho as CEO
- 2002 Malaya Optical Uptown opened for business at Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya
- 2003 Malaya Optical Bukit Bintang opened for business in Low Yat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur
- 2006 Malaya Optical Subang Jaya opened for business at SS15, Subang Jaya
- 2007 Malaya Optical CapSquare opened for business in Capital Square Shopping Mall, Kuala Lumpur
- 2008 Malaya Optical Jusco AU2 opened for business in Jusco Setiawangsa Ampang Kuala Lumpur
- 2009 Malaya Optical become the first Carl Zeiss Relaxed Vision Centre in Malaysia
- 2010 Brand Laureate winner for the Best Vision Solution Center. Received Johnson & Johnson Top Fitter Award. Malaya Optical is also the first Optometrist center in Malaysia that using the iProfiler in Malaysia
- 2012 MALAYA OPTICAL – The Eye Experience Boutique
As the story goes, the optometrist journey never ends as we always constantly seek to achieve a high level of Professionalism and eye care values.