In this article, we will explain 5 signs to replace your contact lens. As we all know that all contact lens must be replaced frequently, even those that are perfectly maintained. If contact lenses are not replaced frequently enough, protein deposits and contamination may build up on the surface of the contact, increasing your risk of developing an eye infection. Most people use soft contacts, which are especially susceptible to deposits and contamination. Gas permeable contact lenses can last a year or longer before requiring replacement.
In this article, we will talk about the best monthly lens for dry eye. Dry eyes can be an uncomfortable and even painful condition to deal with on a daily basis. They can be caused by a variety of factors in everyday living.
Water content is one of the most important parameters when choosing quality contact lens. Water content also is an important factor of the various plastics which are used to make soft contact lenses. In the cases of conventional soft contact lenses, higher water content of a contact lenses can let more oxygen pass through the lens to the surface of the eye. So this is important for lens comfort and healthy eyes.
There are many medications and procedures available to treat dry eye, so here are the 7 ways to treat dry eye. Are your eyes reddish and itchy? Can’t bear the pain and burning sensation in your eyes? This could mean you have dry eye Disease, which blurs vision, is uncomfortable and unattractive, and also causes significant damage and scar the cornea.
What is dry eye?
In this article, we will explain the factors and symptoms of dry eye. Dry eye is a condition in which a person doesn’t have enough quality tears to lubricate and nourish the eye. Tears are necessary for maintaining the health of the front surface of the eye and for providing clear vision.
From the beginning to the end of human life, many of us may face various eye health issues and one of the common issue is dry eye. Tear lubricant or artificial tear drop used to protect our eyes from getting dry. Basically it help us to maintain our eye to stay healthy, nourish and and keep our eye surface moisturized.
Dry eye symptoms may not be appearing with only one symptoms but it may also sometimes been accompanied by few other symptoms. Without knowing all the important signs and symptoms of dry eyes, you may not able to get a proper treatment to get rid if it. Since dry eye was known as one of the usual condition that can occur to anyone, here are 12 most common dry eye symptoms that you should know.
We are going to introduce top 5 contact lens solution recommended by our optometrist. It is important to take good care of your contact lenses in order to extend the life of your contact lenses, and protect the safety and health of your eyes. Lens care varies depending on material and wearing schedule. Daily disposable lenses are discarded after a single use and thus require no cleaning. Other lenses require regular cleaning and disinfecting to prevent surface coating and infections.
There are many ways to clean and care for contact lenses, typically called care systems or lens solutions. Two types of solution that are commonly used included:
- Multipurpose solutions
Multipurpose solutions are the most common method for rinsing, disinfecting, cleaning, and storing soft lenses. Clean your lenses, then rinse and disinfect, all with the same solution. When you are ready to wear the lenses, rinse them again.
- Hydrogen Peroxide solutions
Hydrogen peroxide can be used to disinfect contact lenses. Care should be taken not to get hydrogen peroxide in the eye because it is very painful and irritating. With “two-step” products, the hydrogen peroxide must be rinsed away with saline before the lenses may be worn. “One-step” systems allow the hydrogen peroxide to react completely, becoming pure water. Thus “one-step” hydogen peroxide systems do not require the lenses to be rinsed prior to insertion, provided the solution has been given enough time to react.
Being concerned with your eye health and contact lens care, Avizor, the expert in solutions, has a single solution for every problem and occasion. Avizor is a laboratory in Madrid, Spain dedicated to the manufacturing of solutions for the cleaning and maintenance of all types of contact lenses. Avizor have been working in this field since 1985. Over the years, Avizor considered to be one of the best contact lens solution brand available.
As for multipurpose solution, there are two different types of solution to suit for different types of contact lens wearer. This include the following:
1) Avizor Unica Sensitive: “In a class of its own”
For users with sensitive eyes: With the addition of extraordinary lubricant agent (Sodium Hyaluronate or Hyaluronic acid), the solution has the following effects:
- Protect cornea thanks to the prolonged time in the eye
- Improved tear film stability- Hyaluronic acid is one of the most moisture-absorbent molecules in nature.
- Increases the hours of comfortable use- Hyaluronic acid easily spread over the eye during blinking.
- Accelerates healing time preventing irritation and redness caused by the mechanic action of the lens.
- Clarify your vision by reducing the ocular symptoms of dry eye.
2) Avizor Alvera with Aloe Vera: “Protects in the most natural way”
- especially designed and tested for use with silicone hydrogel lenses.
- The use of contact lenses can alter the physiology of the ocular tissue and may create intercellular spaces allowing the entry of foreign substances.
- Aloe Vera creates a film over the epithelium that prevents the entry of these substances that may damage the epithelium, thus reducing the risk of irritation.
- removes lipids more effectively, but also reduces the affinity of lipids to adhere to the surface of the contact lenses, which considerably increases hygiene and comfort in the use of silicone hydrogel lenses.
3) On the other hand, Hydrogen Peroxide solution produced by Avizor is called Ever Clean.
It is a revolutionary “One-step” system for the cleaning and disinfection of all types of contact lenses (Soft contact lenses and Rigid Gas Permeable lenses). Ever Clean contact lens solution is the result of eight years of research into creating a product to clean all contact lenses throughly without the need for rubbing in only 2 hours.
How it works?
Thanks to its 2 layer table EVER CLEAN has double action:
The white layer performs the cleaning action from the first movement, while eliminating lipids and proteins from the surface of the lens.
The green layer acts slowly and extensively controlling the disinfection and neutralization of the hydrogen peroxide.
On the whole, the Ever Clean tablet performs a powerful disinfecting and cleaning action after which the peroxide is transformed into a preservative-free saline solution where the lenses are stored and ready to use.
Ever Clean is specially recommended for users with:
1. Problems of deposit accumulation
- No more deposit due to a greater capacity of cleaning and disinfecting.
2. Problems with allergies
- After neutralization the final solution contains no preservatives.
3. Problems manipulating the contact lenses
- As you no longer have to rub, users are less likely to damage or tear their lenses.
4) Opti-Free Replenish “Enhanced Comfort”
- Multipurpose solution
- Enhances comfortable wear and reconditions the lens surface to retain moisture.
- Removes protein daily
- Sterile silicone hydrogel and soft contact lens
5) Opti-Free Pure Moist ” All day comfort”
- Multipurpose solution
- Provides comfort and moisture from insertion to removal
- Removes protein deposits
- Reduces lipid deposition
- Sterile silicone hydrogel and soft contact lens
Once you’ve decided which product you’d like to try, discuss your plans with your eye care practitioner. To have more information, please feel free to consult with our best optometrists in KL. Our professional optometrist can advise you to choose different contact lens care solutions that can suit different individuals.
Dry eyes can be irritating, uncomfortable and at times, borderline painful. But throughout the day, your dry eyes are annoying but not painful and yet, at night, the true colors of having dry eyes emerge.
Almost everyone out there who went through a general eye screening may heard about dry eyes. Dry eye disease is one of the most frequently encountered ocular problems yet the best solution to prevent it or the effective treatments is still in discussion. In every ophthalmic clinic, there would be at least 25% of cases reported to have dry eye symptoms. And here now, its all about dry eye for you.