当你阅读文本，视线由左向右扫视，这多少将会过度使用你的 ocular muscles，而工作量的增加对你的视觉影响更不在话下。这将会进一步导致您的视觉疲劳。
Any activity that requires intense use of the eyes, such as extended amounts of driving or reading, can cause eye fatigue. These include extended periods of:
- Exposure to bright light or straining to see in dim light can also cause eye fatigue
One of the most common causes of eye fatigue is staring for long periods at digital devices such as:
- Computer screens
- Video games
Eye fatigue is associated with uncomfortable and annoying symptoms, such as:
- Sore or irritated eyes
- Difficulty focusing
- Dry or watery eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
These symptoms can decrease your productivity. They may be intensified by sleep deprivation. During sleep, the eyes are replenished with essential nutrients. Lack of sleep may result in persistent eye irritation.
Extended use of computers and other digital devices is one of the most common causes of eyestrain. People who look at screens two or more hours in a row every day are at greatest risk of this condition.
Computer use strains eyes more than reading print material because people tend to:
- Blink less while using computers (blinking is key to moistening the eyes)
- View digital screens at less-than-ideal distances or angles
- Use devices that have glare or reflection
- Use devices with poor contrast between the text and the background
- In some cases, an underlying eye problem, such as eye muscle imbalance or uncorrected vision, can cause or worsen computer eyestrain.