If you’ve just know about contact lens for the first time, you may have questions about how to wear them. It may not be as simple on slipping on a pair of eyeglasses. And it may take longer to get used to them. In this article, we will explain about what contact lens beginners should know.
How to wear your contact lens: Step by step instructions
- First, wash your hands thoroughly and dry them well.
- Open your contact lens case and use your fingertip to put the first contact lens in your non-dominant hand.
- Rinse the lens with contact lens solution. Never use regular water.
- Put the lens on the top of the index or middle finger of your dominant hand.
- Check to make sure the lens isn’t damaged and that the correct side is facing up. The edges of the lens should turn up to form a bowl, not flip out. If it’s inside out, gently flip it. If the lens is damaged, don’t use it.
- Look in the mirror and hold your upper and lower eyelids open with the hand not holding the lens.
- Look in front of you or up toward the ceiling and place the lens in your eye.
- Close your eye slowly and either roll your eye around or press gently on the eyelid to settle the lens in place. The lens should feel comfortable, and you should be able to see clearly after blinking a few times. If it’s not comfortable, gently take out the lens, rinse it, and try again.
- Repeat with the second lens.
Enjoy the freedom!
Contact lenses offer complete freedom from glasses and are far more convenient for those who have an active lifestyle. You won’t have to worry about your lenses slipping off during workouts, or having to endure bad sight simply because you’ve needed to take your glasses off.
Wearing contact lenses also allows you to wear sunglasses when its bright out. Malaya Optical Optometrist you can discover a wide range of designer sunglasses to suit every style and budget.
For more information on getting started with contact lenses and overall eye care, you can visit our optical shop. Here, you’ll find a wealth of information about keeping your eyes healthy and contact lenses in top shape.