How do you clean your Bausch & Lomb Ultra contact lenses?
It is important to learn and use good hygiene methods in the care and handling of your new lens. Cleanliness is the most essential aspect of proper contact lens care. Particularly, your hands should be clean and free from any foreign materials while you handle your lenses.
The procedures of wear your Bausch & Lomb Ultra are;
- Thoroughly wash your hands with mild soap, and rinse thoroughly and dry it with a clean towel before you touch your lens.
- Avoid using soaps that contain cold creams, lotions or greasy cosmetics before handling your lens, as these ingredients may come into contact with the lens and interfere with successful wearing.
- Hold your hand with your fingertips, and be careful to avoid contact with your nails. It’s very useful to keep your fingernails short and smooth.
The procedures for you to clean Bausch & Lomb Ultra lenses;
- Soaking and storing lenses; it’s essential to use only fresh contact lenses disinfecting solution each time you store the lenses.
- Rub and rinse time; follow the recommended rubbing and rinsing of the lens in labelling solutions used to clean, disinfect and soak the lens to reduce the risk of contact lens infection.
- Lens case care; always clean your lens cases using fresh, sterile disinfecting solution and wiping the lens cases with clean tissue because contact lens cases can be a source of bacterial growth.
- Discard date on the solution bottle; using the solution beyond the expiration date can cause contamination of the solution and can lead to severe infections, vision loss or blindness.
- Do not heat the disinfection solution and lenses; leave your lenses in the closed storage case until it’s ready to wear on the eyes. A thorough rinse in fresh sterile saline solution prior to placement on your eye should reduce the potential for irritation.
To wear your lenses safely and comfortable, it is important that you clean and rinse first. Then disinfect and neutralize your lenses each time it is removed. cleaning and rinsing are required to remove mucus, secretions, films or deposits that may have accumulated during use. The perfect time to clean your lenses immediately after removing them. Disinfection is needed to destroy harmful germs.
If you need vision correction, but you cannot follow the recommended lens care steps, you should not attempt to get and wear contact lenses. Failure to follow the lens care rule steps may result in development of serious ocular complications.
Get a consultation from Malaya Optical Optometrists first for your proper use of lenses and lenses care products, including your lens case. Do regular check-ups on eye examinations and keep attending all appointments that your optometrist advises.