Orthokeratology is a process of fitting gas permeable lens wear overnight. The lenses are wear during sleep and it will gently reshape the front surface of the cornea.
- Introduction About Ortho K
- Who is a suitable candidate? Not everyone is.
- This is where we qualify if the patient is a suitable candidate base on their age, prescription, reason, health, and etc
- Explanation of Ortho K procedure & fees schedule.
- 45 minutes
- Binocular Refraction
- Pupillary Size
- Slit lamp examination ( eye health)
- Patient and Parents compliance
- Ortho K FAQ explanation in detail with both patient and parents.
Ortho K Consent Form
Consultation Fee Schedule RM
- Empirical Fitting
- Diagnostic Fitting
- approximately 3 hours and best to come during school holidays
- Deposit Fee RM
- For 2 hours and up to 3 days, depending on the patient’s ability. We determine if the patient is 100% compliance with hygiene, knowledge, fitting procedures, cleaning and storing procedures.
- Balance Fee RM
- Go home
5. Follow Up Duration
- 1st night after wear
- 1st month
- 3rd month
- 6th month
Advantages of Ortho K
- slow down the power increment of shortsightedness
- eliminate the discomfort of glasses or contact lens during wear
- convenient for those who plays sports and find glasses or contact lenses doesn’t suit their active lifestyle
Disadvantages of Ortho k
- Be prepared to allow for frequent follow ups ( 4 -10 visits in 3 – 6 months)
- The cornea will revert back to the original shape if the retainer lens is not wear consistently
- The degree of success is high however it cannot always be guaranteed