If you understand the sweat and sacrifice of the best athletes on Earth, you understand that defiance is a part of their lifeblood.They refuse to obey limits, even the limits of possibility. Somewhere between obsession and rebellion, that same fire drives Oakley to create solutions for those who cannot compromise on performance, and nothing is closer to the soul of the company. Authenticity is earned, and Oakley has spent more than three decades fusing innovation, performance and style to earn the respect of the greatest athletes on the planet. We do it by shattering the constraints of conventional ideas and redefining products by redefining what is physically possible. Oakley is known worldwide as an honest and honorable brand- an icon of performance and a global innovator that elevates physics to the level of art and sets the benchmark for others to follow.
Oakley has become one the most sought-after brands on the planet, and world-class athletes will always inspire the company to seek out problems, create solutions and deliver the unexpected by erasing the line between form and function. We will challenge the limits of possibility for those who do the same in competition- those who aspire to greatness and those who have earned the right to be called the best on Earth.
FIVE RULES DEFINE OAKLEY PHILOSOPHY OF DESIGN:
- Redefine products by redefining what is physically possible.
Nothing is impossible — Oakley know that from experience. But new ideas demand new technology, and some are insistent. CAD/CAM engineering lets us experiment and explore.
- Reject conventional ideas, and when necessary, reinvent from scratch.
That means sending out hunter-gatherers to roam the world for inspirations, and locking ourselves in a design bunker until even the raw materials get the science treatment.
- Erase the line between form and function by elevating physics to the level of art.
Oakley think they should fuel each other until they reach a critical mass called innovation.
- Transcend performance innovations into solutions for everyday applications.
By serving the demands of professional athletes, Oakley create innovations that serve all.
- Deliver the unexpected.
That’s what invention is all about. Science and art come together, producing a new formula of performance and style. And, the occasional nasty explosion.
Engineering breakthrough in structural materials allow Oakley to produce lightweight, high-performance frames that maintain superior protection and comfort.
- The polymers in O Matter™ frames are formulated for high durability, as well as controlled flexibility for improved safety during impact.
- To produce the ultra-strong, ultra-lightweight chassis of Oakley wire frames, five metallic compounds are fused into a single C-5™ alloy.
- Comprised of incredibly sleek and ultra-lightweight titanium alloy, Oakley Nanowire is a shape shifting memory metal that is designed to flex and spring, providing an adaptable, endlessly comfortable fit.
- Hand-made layered acetate allows for a multitude of a rich hues and colors as well as visual textures giving this frame material is high quality look and feel.
- Titanium, an ultra lightweight, virtually indestructible material used in fighter jets, allows us to produce some of the strongest, lightest and most comfortable Oakley wire frames.
3 point fit
- Oakley frames make contact only at the bridge of the nose and the side of head.
- Our three-point fit eliminates any unbalanced pressure points.
- The comfortable fit keeps optics in precise alignment.
Oakley Mono Shock/ Twin Shock Hinge
Oakley Hinge designs range from the miniaturized mechanics of dual cam action to spring hinges that maintain a comfortably secure, pressure-free fit. Utilizing titanium alloys and inspired by racing technology, Oakley inventions like Mono Shock and Twin Shock are similar to leaf springs, allowing for hyper-flexing when necessary. Theses industry-leading designs can be found on prescription and sun frames.
- Unrivaled durability that does not compromise comfort or fit.
- Unparalleled aesthetics that seamlessly integrate the hinge mechanisms with the frame chassis and earstems.
High Definition Optics® (HDO)
A combination of technologies and patented innovations that give you clearer, sharper and more accurate vision. HDO virtually eliminates distortion common in high-wrapped sunglasses.
- Refractive Power: Conventional lenses can magnify images. HDO precision gives you more accurate vision across the entire field of view.
- Astigmatism: Ordinary lenses can’t focus all light waves in the part of your eye that does the seeing. With HDO, you won’t have the blur of inferior optics.
- Prismatic Power: With regular lenses, objects aren’t really where you see them. HDO offers a truer visual image, and it helps ensure each eye has them same image so your brain won’t have to work overtime.
- Oakley Plutonite filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- The lens material itself blocks UV, so you don’t have to rely on a thin surface coating that can wear away or become scratched.
- Our optical technologies allow for lens curvature that improves protection at the top and sides of your eyes.
- Visual impact isn’t just about looks. So Oakley performance sunglasses meet and exceed the impact-resistance standards of the American National Standards Institute.
- For high-velocity impact testing, a quarter-inch steel shot is blasted from pneumatic cannon at 102mph/164kmh.
- The high-mass impact test uses a metal spike (more than a pound if weight/half a kilo) dropped from over four feet.
Plutonite® lens Material
Lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort, clarity and protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation. Maintaining the proven safety characteristics of Oakley eyewear, the impact-resistant material blocks 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light. Plutonite is the only lens material able to achieve the performance standards required by the digital design and production technologies utilized by Oakley.
Oakley HDPolarized™- Filters 99.9% of Glare
- Oakley fuse the polarizing filter at the molecular level. Our competition uses a cheaper “sandwich” method that can result in haze and optical illusion.
- Oakley provides an unmatched array of lens options including performance tints, Iridium lens coatings that balance light transmission for tuned vision, HDPolarized lenses, gradient lenses and photochromic lenses.
- Oakley HDPolarized lenses block 99%of reflected glare while offering the proven clarity and performance of High Definition Optics, ensuring enhanced visual contrast and improved depth perception.
Introducing Oakley Stealth, the first AR coating engineered exclusively for the critical needs of athletes and sports enthusiasts.
- Reduce back-surface reflection and optimize the wide, crisp visual field of Oakley True Digital lenses.
- Repel dust, dirt and oils with an invisible shield of oleophobic and anti-static protection.
- Depend on industry-leading durability, which is athlete-ranked and backed by a two-year warranty.
Oakley True Digital™ (OTD)
Oakley True Digital™ lenses maximize performance by utilizing Oakley Dual-Peripheral Technology™ to deliver the best possible peripheral image and motion recognition.
- Oakley True Digital lenses are specifically designed to reduce power error and unwanted astigmatism in the far periphery, delivering unsurpassed image and motion detection.
- Oakley True Digital Lenses are specifically designed to reduce prism imbalance in the mid-periphery, providing excellent binocular vision across the lens.
Decades of Oakley research have achieved performance innovations for the world’s best athletes. In the process, we have raised the bar of durability and protection, and our inventions now serve the industries of health, safety and defense. Categories include eyewear that protect against extreme impact and laser light; fire-resistant gloves utilized by professional race drivers; and footwear developed for combat, motor sports and environmental extremes. Oakley’s Industrial division innovates product technologies for those whose lives depend on their gear.
To Be Continued…